BILINGUAL HEALTH & SAFETY CONSULTANT
BILINGUAL HEALTH & SAFETY CONSULTANT
Position Reference #: 21226
Our hiring client is in one of the well-known consulting companies in Ontario; providing workers and organizations in the agricultural, manufacturing, and service sectors with the support and information they need to work safely.
Bilingual Health & Safety Consultant
Full-Time/Permanent (Hybrid/ Home Office)
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the Bilingual Health & Safety Consultant will be responsible for providing health & safety services and solutions to customers; collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver services and solutions to provincially and federally regulated organizations. The consultant works within a team to ensure annual goals and objectives associated with the company’s Strategic Plan are accomplished.
To be considered for this role, the candidate should have the following qualification.
Deliver solutions to customers/conduct billable services to customers (60)
- Collaborates with Account Managers (AM) & Senior Account Managers (SAM) to ensure projects are effectively executed, meet identified customer needs, and ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction and retention
- Accountable for the delivery of solutions to customers maintaining quality standards, project timelines and budget
- Stays in constant communication with the AM & SAM to ensure a successful implementation of the project
- Collaborates with the Health and Safety Excellence program Consultant to effectively coordinate, promote and manage the assigned safety group chapters
- Promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives while working at customer sites, actively looking for opportunities to expand the service offering to the customer.
- Develops and implements Hazard Prevention Programs (HPP) in federally regulated workplaces
- Communicates the identified opportunities to AM/SAM for follow-up with the customer ∙ Utilizes established internal delivery processes to support the customer with the implementation of health and safety solutions based on customer business needs and existing organizational processes and structure
- Provides on-site and public training and facilitation services to customers to increase workplace health and safety awareness, using established WSPS training standards and materials
- And more
- Nurtures, develops and maintains relationships with assigned customers while delivering services
- Follows up regularly with customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction
- Consults internally with staff, providing current health & safety expertise and advice on all solution offerings including products, services and programs, as assigned∙
- And more
Internal transition support and Administration (20%)
- Executes delivery of customer solutions as per agreement/contract
- Identifies and flags potential project risks and proactively identifies solutions to mitigate risks; Informs and enlists support from Consulting Services Manager when appropriate ∙ Leverage internal resources to provide customer service as needed
- Responds to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards ∙ Applies time and priority management techniques to effectively address administrative demands (reports, e-mail, organizational initiatives)
- Maintains home office files, materials, equipment, and office environment ∙ Ensures the proper and secure storage of information and documentation ∙ Tracks metrics for assigned accounts (e.g. customer progression, cycle time, customer satisfaction)
- Adheres to all corporate policies and procedures
- Keeps abreast of H&S knowledge and best practices related to the sectors and industries we serve. Communicates potential new opportunities including new products and services for customers, to the manager
- Other duties as assigned
- To be considered for this role, the “Safety Manager” must have the following qualification:
Bilingual – French & English is a must
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics or a Certificate/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety with equivalent experience ∙ Current Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation or working toward designation ∙ 3- 7 years of health & safety experience (agricultural, manufacturing, and service sectors)
Knowledge in Canada Labour Code Part II is a must
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including legislation and technical standards ∙ Knowledge and Technical qualifications conducting audits and assessments ∙ Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management ∙ Ability to work in a team environment/collaboration
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in French and English
- Proof of Covid 19 full vaccinations
How to apply?
You can also apply by submitting your resume directly online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).