At QEOSH, with our in-depth knowledge and extensive network, we place senior HSE professionals in roles that drive forward their agendas.
QEOSH is a specialist environment, occupational health, and safety executive search, consultancy, and recruitment agency. We have a decade of recruitment experience in pointing senior HSE professionals from Boards and CEOs to Directors, VPs, and other senior executives.
Our environmental health and safety executive search is tailored to our client’s needs, and with our massive network connections, our executive search strategy goes beyond active executive role seeker.
QEOSH implements a unique and comprehensive leadership competency assessment that provides a more selective evaluation process. The competency assessment includes 25 essential leadership qualities that have the following scopes:
– Professional ethics and Integrity
-Decision- making, problem-solving & analytical skills
-Accountability and effective delegation
We look for the right Leadership skills that match our clients’ needs and expectations, including the ability to steer employees toward achieving the business goals, inspiring them, driving change, and delivering results.
In addition to our leadership competency assessment, we consult our clients to tailor Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) recommended minimum qualification and credentials guidelines of Executive Health and Safety Positions.
Position: Director/Executive Level
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited college or university in OH&S, engineering, business, or a closely related field.
Minimum of ten years, which includes the following:
- Responsibility for the overall risk management activities associated with occupational health and safety in a large, diversified, multi-location organization
- Setting the strategic direction and goals of OH&S
- Involvement in corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives
- Budgeting and the allocation of resources for managing OH&S
- Interacting with the senior leadership team to optimize the integration of and support for OH&S within the organization
- Serving as the liaison between executive management and/or the board of directors, government agencies, industry associations, and other stakeholder groups
- Leading and managing a team
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of the development, implementation, and maintenance of occupational health and safety management systems based upon established standards such as ISO 45001, CSA Z1000, ANSI/ASSP/AIHA Z10, and OHSAS 18001
- Strong working knowledge of OH&S and related regulatory requirements applicable to organizations operating in multi-jurisdictional environments
CERTIFICATIONS & DESIGNATIONS
- Preference should be given to those who hold one or more recognized safety certifications
Leave your Executive Environment, Occupational Health & Safety Recruitment in The Hands of Industry Experts.
Get in touch with us today for a complimentary consultation.