Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor
Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor
Position Reference #: 102370
We’re supporting Our hiring client, a class leading service and supply company specializing in sand control engineering, completion and work-over tools and cased hole fishing services (Manufacturing Sector).
Wit their headquarters in Calgary, and manufacturing facilities in Leduc, they also have field offices in California, Swift Current, Brooks, Lloydminster, and Provost Alberta.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor to work in their Calgary office and support their Southern Field branches in Alberta and Saskatchewan. This role works Monday-Friday and is a salaried position.
Job Title: Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor
Employment Type: This position is full-time/permanent
Location: Calgary, Alberta
- This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure including:
- 5% RRSP Matching
- Employer Paid Extended Health Benefits including HCSA.
- Eligible for Bonus Program (Discretionary, based on company goals annually)
- And more
As a member of the Corporate Support Services Team, the Environemental, Health and Safety Advisor will report to the EHS Manager and assume an advisory role within the company. This position is an essential support for a strong safety culture.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Work in consultation and establish regular communication with EHS Manager to promote safe work behaviors by assisting in reviewing, revising, and implementing policies, procedures, and practices that are in line with company objectives and legislation requirements
- Conduct incident investigations as required and participate in investigation reporting to determine root cause and implement effective corrective actions.
- Audit and evaluate all safety documentation within assigned areas to ensure compliance
- Liaise with management and other Support Services Team members to ensure information, tools, and best practices are properly communicated to employees at all levels
- Complete and maintain the necessary documentation for injury management and WCB claims for work-related accidents and injuries as required by the company and provincial legislation
- Conduct facility and field inspections to ensure compliance with OHS & company standards
- Facilitate company safety and committee meetings as well as maintain recorded minutes
- Assist in the development of risk reviews, hazard assessments, safe work procedures, rescue
- plans, job safety analysis, emergency response drills, and field level hazard assessments
- Follow up on and track corrective actions stemming from incident investigations, safety meetings, inspections, and observation/hazard reports
- Provide support and implement employee competency/training programs for assigned areas
- Encourage safe work practices and compliance with procedures, while providing guidance/support when required; maintain a positive health & safety culture in line with the company’s values
- Communicate and submit required daily, weekly, and monthly safety information/feedback to the EHS Manager as required
- Update and maintain all required safety documentation and forms for assigned locations such as training records, incident & investigation reports, equipment & facility inspections, Field Level Hazard Assessment etc.
- Other duties as directed by the EHS Manager
To be considered for this role, the “Environmental, Health & Safety Advisor” must have the following qualification:
- A diploma/certificate in Health & Safety/Environment, or equivalent discipline.
- Between 1-5 years of Occupational Health & Safety experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Working towards CRSP or NCSO designation is preferred. (Company will support the certification process)
- Experience and training in incident investigation
- Experince in root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- General understanding of HSE Management Systems,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & a high level of professionalism
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Comfortable in leading meetings and formally presenting recommendations
How to apply?
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).