Environmental Risk Specialist
Environmental Risk Specialist
Position Reference #: 92236
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client , CAPREIT, Canada’s largest publicly-traded provider of quality rental housing, is currently looking to welcome an environmental risk Specialist joining their team.
Job Title: Environmental Risk Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
This position offers an attractive base salary, discretionary bonus and indirect pay (benefits).
Reporting to the Director, Environmental and Health & Safety (EHS), the environmental risk specialist provides technical quidance to operations teams to support implementation of EHS and procedures, best practices and the interbal corporate safety systems and support CAPREIT’s compliance with Legal and regulatory requirements across Canada.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Research EHS standards for all jurisdictions in which CAPREIT operates and advises internal stakeholders on applicable statutory and requlatory requirments.
- Assist in developing, implementing, maintaining, supporting and continiusly improving corporate and operational EHS programs.
- Work with regulatory bodies as needed and prepare and sumbit required documentations.
- Consult and work wih operational team on any EHS realted matters.
- Prepare and update monthly, qualrterly and annual reports as directed.
- Assist in EHS program development and implementations.
- Support all locations with your region and oversee their EHS compliance.
- Coordinate EHS projects by providing consultations.
- Coordinate environmental projects with various internal and external stakeholders as directed.
- Engage in phase I ESAs, phase II ESAs, Risk assessments, remediation and prepare reports as directed.
- Review internal and external environmental reports.
- Provide recommendations on all environmental realted matters of next steps.
- Coordinate environmental insurance for acquisitions, dispositions, claims and incidents.
- Ovrsee EHS projects through to completion.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in environmental training as directed.
- Assess training courses for compliance to legislation and make recommendations for new trainings.
To be considered for this role, the “environmental risk specialist” must have the following qualification:
- University or colledge education with a focus in EHS or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably with a real estate setting
- Working experience with vendors to manage risks
- Experience with phase I and phase II ESAs , remediation and risk assessment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
How to apply?
You can apply by submitting your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com or online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).