ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS) / FACILITY COORDINATOR
Position Reference #: 122021
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client (Alpha Technologies Ltd), based in Burnaby, BC, is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications.
Job Title: Environmnetal Health & Safety (HSE)/ Facility Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time Contract (14 months)
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, the EHS & Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the Health and Safety program in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure EHS policies and processes are in place to provide a safe work environment for all people (employees, contractors, visitors)
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory workplace safety and environmental requirements within the manufacturing, laboratory, office and service operation
- Develop and deliver training materials to support safe work procedures
- Promote a safe work culture in all areas and all teams within the company ∙ Ensure an effective first aid program with certified first aid attendants
- Co-chair the JH&SC at the Burnaby operations, and support committees at other Canadian operations
- Primary contact for any WorkSafe BC audits or issues
- Manage the budget for the EHS and Facilities departments
- Manage the EHS and Facilities team at the Burnaby site
- Identify and participate in energy, waste, and cost reduction initiatives to reduce our environmental impact
Other Essential Duties And Responsibilities Cont.
- Facilitate improvements and changes to the facility such as equipment and furniture installation
- Be the key contact for building improvements, after-hours cleaning, site security, and other service providers and contractors
- Obtain quotes for products and services
- Support maintenance and custodial staff to ensure that the facilities are properly serviced to enable the smooth operations of the company
To be considered for this role, the occupational health and safety coordinator must have the following qualification:
- Thorough understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- BCIT Occupational Health and Safety Certificate or equivalent experience preferred. Applicants with a foundational understanding of HSE and an aptitude and will to learn the domain quickly and comprehensively will be considered.
- 2-3 years of experience and success in a technical role requiring influence (rather than authority).
- Able to champion the safety program and motivate others.
- Excellent English communication skills required (verbal and written).
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Visio ∙ Able to work effectively with all people and all teams within the company, and resolve conflict effectively when required.
- Able to develop and document clear concise procedures and training material ∙ Able to assess safety risks and perform job hazard analysis in manufacturing, office and electrical installation activities.
- CRSP designation is an asset.
How to apply?
You can apply by submitting your resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).