Field HSE Advisor
Field HSE Advisor
Position Reference #: 122244
We’re supporting Our hiring client, Universal Rail System in Winnipeg Manitoba. Universal Rail Systems provides fully integrated, turnkey railway services and solutions, as well as civil management project solutions within the railway industry.
Job Title: Field HSE Advisor
This position is full-time/permanent working at the field on flexible work rotations, such as 14 days on- site and 7 days off/ 10 days on-site and 4 days off.
Details of Accommodation: -Company vehicle is provided -Hotels and meal allowance are all paid by the company
Location: This position is based in Winnipeg Manitoba.
This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure including:
- Long term career growth and development supported by Company
- Company vehicle is provided
- Hotels and meal allowance paid
- An industry-leading comprehensive benefits program, including extended health and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Contributions to RRSP, as well as Employee Employer Matching
- Health and Wellness Spending Accounts, where unused amounts carry over before being deposited in RRSP.
- Tuition Assistance Plan
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
The Field EHS Advisor is responsible to provide advice, consultation, and guidance to all personnel in compliance with the core safety program that drives corporate strategy for strong safety performance and continuous improvement.
The work is primarily supporting crews engaged in all types of railway track services (maintenance, rehabilitation, new construction).
This position is subject to shift work/various work cycles and dependent on specific client needs and the nature of each project.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and consultation to all personnel for programs that drive corporate strategy towards strong safety performance and continuous improvement
- Proactively identify plans to reduce hazards to reduce risks to the organization
- Investigate processes; support management in the collection and tracking of all safety-related metrics
- Ensure that all field Safety Meetings, Job Briefings, JHAs, FLRAs, and Inspections are conducted as per policy and documented appropriately
- Assist with or deliver HSE Orientation
- Facilitate other required corporate Safety training
- Coach and mentor field employees in safe work practices and procedures
- Conduct and lead incident investigations
- Coordinate and prepare all HSE documentation that is commonly used by the business units
- Actively initiate, coordinate, and support Join Health and Safety Committees with field crews
- Design and create site or project-specific safety plans if required by management
- Help with identifying training for employees for incident prevention to maintain safety awareness
- Analyze safety conditions and recommend changes to continuously improve operational safety performance
- Assist with the maintenance of records as necessary to comply with relevant OHS legislation and regulations
- Prepare and submit reports to document compliance and incidences
- Assist with audits and inspections of operational activates
- Review existing safety systems and make a recommendation for improvement as required
- Provide advice on safety systems, trends, response actions, investigation, and interpretation of health and safety regulations
- Promote various programs and initiatives to build and sustain a safety culture that becomes a way of life” for employees and contractors
- Take an active role in ensuring that all employees understand and comply with company policies and procedures.
To be considered for this role, the “HSE Advisor” must have the following qualification:
- A diploma/certificate in Health & Safety/Environment, or equivalent discipline.
- Entry-level or minimum 1-3 years of Occupational Health & Safety experience
- Working towards CRSP or NCSO designation is preferred. (Company will support the certification process)
- Experience and training in incident investigation
- Any root cause analysis training will be considered an asset
- General understanding of HSE Management Systems,
- Must be physically fit willing and able to travel up to 90% of the time year-round as this is primarily a field-based position.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Record Check
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, work independently, and set schedules and activities in a coordinated manner
How to apply?
Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).