Health Safety & Compliance System Manager
Health Safety & Compliance System Manager
Position Reference #: 22358
We’re supporting our hiring client, Empipe Infrastructure Group to recruit a health & safety compliance system manager to join their team.
From coast to coast in Canada, Empipe Infrastructure Group specializes in trenchless wastewater systems inspection, maintenance and rehabilitation.
Job Title: Health Safety & Compliance System Manager
Employment Type: Permanent/Full-time
Location: Hannon & Hamilton,Ontario
This position is based out of Hannon or Hamilton, Ontario
This position offers an attractive salary and benefits including:
- Full extended health & dental
- Business mileage reimbursement
- 3 weeks of vacation
- And more
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
Jointly working with the operational team, develop and maintain a health and safety management system that promotes a safety culture that is compliant with both external and internal stakeholder requirements. This includes
Inspections and Investigations:
- Facilitate and/or perform out job site visits, safety inspections and audits with supervisors and JHSC members and support where required
- Lead and document the investigation process with regard to any safety incidents or accidents
- Participate as a facilitator of the JHSC and attend management or other meetings as required to provide updates and review company H&S statistics
- Analyze workplace accident/incident history and make recommendations to management to reduce, mitigate and eliminate hazards in the workplace
- Work with supervisors and managers to ensure their crews work in compliance with company and client policies and procedures and regulatory standards
- Obtain any certificates, permits or clearances required to ensure that all employees and job sites are compliant with legislative/regulatory bodies. Examples include but are not limited to; road permits, vehicle registrations, insurance clearances
- Assist Project Managers in obtaining H&S and Compliance related permits, documents or certificates needed for successful and lawful job completion
- Perform in-house new hire and existing employee safety training and book all necessary external training sessions for all employees (respiratory, fall protection, confined space, et cetera)
- Create and execute training and safety programs to improve knowledge and understanding of hazards and risks relative to work performed and meet company strategic goals
Record Keeping and Reporting:
- Actively participate to ensure all internal and external reporting requirements are met
- Maintain training records and certificates as well as injury/incident database
- Oversee and maintain H&S software applications (SafetyLoop or other application) including timely monitoring of all required field documents (DHA, Confined Space Permits, Traffic Plans et cetera), troubleshooting of system issues
- Oversee and maintain Compliance software applications (Geotab or other application) including daily review and reconciliation of driver activity logs and vehicle inspections, troubleshooting of system issues
- Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports for the ownership, management team, or as contractually required by clients or governing bodies
- Compile missing paperwork reports weekly and work with Management team members to ensure field crew compliance with all H&S and Compliance paperwork requirements and timelines
- Perform reviews to ensure plans, corrective actions and deficiencies are corrected and documented in a timely fashion
Planning and Documentation:
- Develop and/or collaborate in the development of company emergency and evacuation plans and any other relevant action plans to reduce or eliminate occupational illnesses and injuries
- Assist with Return-to-Work plans as required
- Liaise with HR on WSIB matters related to workplace injuries
- Collaborate with team members, regulatory agencies, clinics, WSIB to ensure effective working relationships
Employee Engagement, Programming and Support:
- Promote engagement with the company safety program and local incident prevention efforts to foster involvement and reduce at risk behaviors, including incentive programs for employees
- Respond to inquiries and address concerns of employees, managers, customers and the general public relating to the company’s activities as pertaining to health and safety
- Provide guidance and support to managers across the organization as related to H&S and Compliance issues
Company Certifications and Compliance:
- Implement and/or maintain all requirements related to the company’s COR certification and/or any other future certification program deemed necessary by legislative/regulatory ruling or by management
- Conduct and/or participate in meetings, preparations for audits and actual audits for the
- Monitor legislative, regulatory, and enforcement trends that affect the company to ensure the company’s compliance with all governing bodies and client requirements
Document Creation and Implementation:
- Consistent and ongoing creation/upkeep of the H&S Manual, Safe Job Procedures (SJP) and Safe Work Practices (SWP), SDS, User Manuals and any other related documents
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for this role, the “Health & Safety/Compliance System Manager”
must have the following qualification:
- University degree, diploma or certificate in occupational health & safety or related field;
- 2-4 years of occupational health & safety experience in the construction or related sectors,
- Knowledge of health and safety, including provincial legislation and specialized standards;
- Knowledge and experience with management system auditing and COR;
- Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Organization – Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful – Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
How to apply?
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).