Health & Safety Consultant (Healthcare)
Health & Safety Consultant (Healthcare)
Position Reference #: 22352
We’re supporting our client, Public Services Health & Safety Association in Ontario to welcome a health and safety consultant in the healthcare sector.
Public Services Health & Safety Association provides occupational health and safety training, resources and consulting to reduce workplace risks and prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
The Asssociation’s Sectors & Priorities include:
- Health & Community Service
- Government & Municipal
- Education & Culture
- Public Safety
- Small Business
- New & Vulnerable Workers
- First Nations
Job Title: Health & Safety Consultant
Employment Type: Permanent/full-time
Location: Home Office in Greater Toronto Area or Hamilton/ Niagara Area Remote/Hybrid
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Bargaining Unit Position: Yes, Grade 9
This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure including:
- Three weeks of vacation
- Solid health extended benefits
- WSIB Employees’ Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- a Health Care Spending Account (HSCA)
- Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement
- Travel/ Business Expenses Reimbursement
- Home Office Accomodation with all the necessary appropriate equipment, supplies
- Ergonomics assessment within 6 months of the start
- Reimbursement of Professional Dues
Reporting to the Director of Prevention, Retention and Engagement, the Health and Safety Consultant, Healthcare, provides health and safety training, support, guidance, and advice to all workplace parties within the Health and Community Care sector in the GTA or Hamilton/Niagara area in the Province of Ontario. This position develops proactive initiatives and strategies to foster health and safety as a core business value among clients.
In this position, you will be responsible for ongoing client engagement, building client relationships to help them improve health and safety outcomes, and to position PSHSA as a leader in delivery of client focused solutions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Initiates, fosters, maintains and develops relationships with sector (worker, employer, union, key stake holders and professional associations).
- Regularly identifies partnership opportunities and makes appropriate referrals.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working partnerships with colleagues, external clients and key stakeholders such as System Partners to advance PSHSA’s objectives. (i.e., MLITSD, WSIB).
- Identify and develop consulting relationship with sector association and networking groups to advance knowledge/awareness of OHS/PSHSA and promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; provides best practice examples, which have incorporated health and safety programs into their existing processes.
- Proactively and reactively analyzes customer needs and concerns by researching the client’s history through a variety of mediums (i.e., Websites, firm profiles, applicable legislation and other informal sources) and applies health and safety expertise to improve their current program(s).
- Develop and coordinate training schedule to meet needs.
- Promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives; utilizes internal consulting processes to support and direct clients with the development of customized health and safety programs to be incorporated into their existing organizational structure.
- Prepares and presents effective proposals as part of the sales/consulting presentation to sector clients to illustrate the benefits of using PSHSA products and services to improve workplace health and safety.
- Provides on-site and regional health and safety training and facilitation services to clients to increase workplace health and safety awareness.
- Seeks opportunities for revenue generation through selling/up-selling
Operational / Subject Matter Expertise
- Provides health and safety consulting services and or liaises with other PSHSA consultants to provide consulting services to assist clients with the reduction of workplace hazards and the elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Identify and make arrangements for local course facilitators to increase reach & reduce travel and offer training in general health and safety awareness.
- Assist in the development, review, and implementation of PSHSA products, programs and services.
- Collaborates internally with Client Acquisition, Emerging Markets, Marketing and Multi-channel Delivery to identify, develop and deliver strategies to meet market needs.
- Translates and applies Occupational Health and Safety Act legislation into practical and required application within the environment.
- Proactively responds to client information requests promptly and accurately, serving as a resource for information and services; maintains records of all activities.
- Collaboratively researches and stays abreast of common health and safety trends within the Healthcare sector.
To be considered for this role, the “Health & Safety Consultant” must have the following qualification:
- A university degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Post-secondary completion of a health and safety program.
- Designation(s) in health and safety or related disciplines (e.g., CRSP, CHSC, CCPE ROH, CDMP) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related job
- Knowledgeable in health and safety legislation, auditing, health and safety management systems.
- Significant experience in consulting, managing a client base, building relationships and achieving targets and objectives.
- An excellent facilitator, knowledgeable about adult learning principles and capable of delivering training sessions at all levels.
- Able to manage and prioritize a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and collaborative within a team.
- Able to work with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Customer Relationship Management systems.
How to apply?
Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).