Health, Safety & Environmetal Manager
Health, Safety & Environmetal Manager
Position Reference #: 72362
We’re supporting our hiring client, in the chemical manufacturing sector to recruit a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join their team.
Our client is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of plastic pipe and fittings for the residential and commercial construction industry. The company produces drainage and pressure plumbing products in all the major plastic materials based in Granby, Quebec.
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environmetal Manager
Employment Type: Permanent/Full-time
Location: This position is hybrid with weekly site visits to Granby, Quebec. The company will pay for business gas and mileage to and from Granby.
This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure including:
- Comprehensive health and dental plans,
- Three weeks of vacation
- Miles & Gas Reimbursement
- Group RRSP
- And many more
Reports to: Operations Dircctor – US & CA
- The Health, Safety & Environmental Manager is responsible for:
- To function as the company’s competent person for Health & Safety as defined by the local regulations.
- To ensure the Company complies with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and guidance.
- To support the deployment of the company’s HSE Management System and coordinate the HSE agenda at the site level.
- To coordinate and manage the Corporate HSE leading and lagging indicator reporting process.
- To coordinate and support the local incident investigation process.
- To proactively identify HSE improvement opportunities, determine and present underlying improvement cases and execute HSE improvement projects at the site.
- To provide Health, Safety and Environmental technical knowledge and expertise to the Management Committees and Plant management teams
Dimensions of The Role:
- HSE agenda deployment – Leading & lagging performance indicator evolution
- HSE compliance
Scope of The Role:
- This role is primarily Granby based and with direct line reporting to the Ops Director.
- The company is part of a large organisation with ample opportunity for networking and practice sharing across the company’s footprint.
Complexity of the Role
- Professional HSE bodies
- External parties regarding our respective HSE standards such as ISO and ISRS
- External parties regarding compliance such as legislation register, Packaging Waste etc.
- External parties regarding Employers Liability Insurance
- Health & Safety Executive with regards to reportable accident reporting & any routine visits
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Lead, train, coach, and support site staff in the field of Health, Safety and Environmental improvement.
- To ensure the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies are implemented consistently.
- To monitor, evaluate and review Health, Safety and Environmental policies, practices, and legal compliance. Make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- To advise the Senior Management Team on the implications of current and emerging Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, including evaluating options for implementation.
- Make recommendations and generate action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Support managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- Conduct audits, evaluate the effectiveness of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures, identify, and implement improvements where necessary.
- Manage and maintain the accurate reporting of Health, Safety and Environmental Leading and Lagging performance indicators, providing dashboard reports where required.
- Proactively identify and present Health, Safety and Environmental improvement opportunities on Site, Territory and Business Unit levels.
- Proactively identify and share best practices with other Health, Safety and Environmental Team members across the organisation.
- Coordinate the issuing of notifications where required to the Health & Safety Executive.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and events. Support actions to take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
To be considered for this role, the “HSE Manager ” must have the following qualification:
- 3+ year Safety and Industrial Health & Safety experience in Manufacturing sector
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform responsibilities of the position
- Knowledge of provincial/ local industrial health, safety, regulations, and related strategies
- Leading the HSE agenda by example
- Willingness to stand out and convince others of the business case underlying HSE improvements.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Knowledge and a proven history of delivery of health, safety and environmental management systems and the provision of advice
- Willingness to learn and to share knowledge.
- Excellent written and people skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Personal commitment to the corporate values and objectives of the corporation and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Willingness to travel
Language: English & French
Level of proficiency: Business
How to apply?
Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).