Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Position Reference #: 22210
Our hiring client is in the construction sector and currently looking for a health safety manager to join their team in Toronto.
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Competative salary and benefits with a base salary between 80k-100K plus company vehicles and many other benefits.
Reporting to the operations manager, the health & safety manager will ensure all safety requirements are being met within the office and on sites (ie. safety meetings with crews/service men/sites, JHSC meetings, tool box talks, site visits, injury/accident reporting in and out of office, etc.)
The Health and Safety Manager is authorized to hold all Employees and sub-contractors accountable to our Safety policies and those implemented by all customers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of company health and safety policies, procedures and programs to enhance safety culture.
- Document all safety issues and/or violations for sub-contractors and employees
- Follow the disciplinary policies when administering the Safety Program.
- Arrange safety meetings with All service technicians and/or sub-contractors
- Ensure office safety is up to date and assess any safety issues in office and on site
- Set up safety rep every week with job sites and crews to visit and do inspection
- Set up Joint Health and Safety Meetings and also a subcontractor committee meeting semi-annually.
- Manage, move and track all equipments (aerial lift) services, locations, uses.
- Make sure all proper training for employees is up to date on e-compliance . Set up training for all staff when required (Working at heights, WHIMIS, Propane etc)
- Make sure all proper training for subcontractors is up to date in e-compliance
- Collect all foreman inspections monthly through e-compliance and ensure they are completed properly
- Collect all crew leader safe work evaluation through e-compliance and ensure completed correctly
- Conduct safety evaluations of Dominion project sites using documentation and standardized processes
- Work with the Joint Health and Safety Committee, to implement and coordinate company policies
- Ensure that sub-contractors adhere to required safety standards in keeping with Dominion policy and legislation.
- Assess and manage Workers Comp cases through modified work programs and report LTI and medical aids.
- Assess risks and trends in the workplace and implement corrective measures to reduce risks
- Review or assist in establishing safety inspection schedules for tools, equipment & PPE to ensure safe operating conditions and compliance with current regulations
- Notify site supervision of all safety hazards observed or upcoming and give input on corrective actions
- Work with the MOL and our third-party Safety consultants if any issue/accident occurs on site
- Other designated H&S responsibilities
To be considered for this role, the “Health & Safety Manager” must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree , certificate/deploma in the area of occupational health and safety, or related field from an accredited university
- CRSP, NCSO, and other HSE certifications
- Minimum Three (3) to Seven (7) years of health & Safety experience in the construction sector
- Experience with the COR process is considered a strong asset
- Good working knowledge of OHSA, other Acts and related Federal, Provincial and local regulations, standards, legislation that govern Health and Safety compliance;
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovations and problem-solving skills
How to apply?
You can also apply by submitting your resume directly online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).