Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Position Reference #: 12478
We’re supporting our hiring client, Memme Infrastructure Contractors to recruit a health & safety manager to join their team in Bolton or anywhere within Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Memme Infrastructure Contractors is the name behind many of Southern Ontario’s most advanced and prestigious underground infrastructure projects. Memme was founded in 1967 as a small family business and has since expanded to be one of the leading underground infrastructure contractors in Ontario, that includes a staff of over 85 employees. Over its 55 years, Memme has excelled in tackling some of the most challenging and intricate underground servicing and road reconstruction projects in the province. Memme specializes in the reconstruction of storm sewer, sanitary sewer, watermain, and roads across various municipalities, as well as new underground servicing for private and commercial developments.
Working at Memme will provide the opportunity to work alongside individuals with over 35 years of experience and have a wealth of knowledge in the underground infrastructure industry. At Memme, they take their work personally, They enjoy what they do, and do whatever it takes to be successful and achieve the best results possible.
Memme’s objective is to hire talented people that are open to learning and growing within their role and the company.Their long-term goal is to support young professionals in their career and provide opportunities to develop within the organization.
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time/ Permanent
Location: Bolton or GTA, Ontario
This position offers a competative salary with solid and attractive benefits including:
- Solid Extended Health, Dental and Disability benefits
- RRSP matching up to 5%
- Bonus Pay
- Company Vehicle
- Company Gas Card
- Company 407 Transponder
- and more
Reporting directly to the president, the health and safety manager is responsible for the overall development, co-ordination, and maintenance of the HSE Management System and will oversee all Health and Safety operations. He/she is responsible for the following roles and responsibilities:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Provides technical support to all company operations regarding specific issues relating to health and safety programs and practices;
- Weekly and monthly site inspections, developing corrective action plans, and communicating with site staff.
- Conduct monthly health and safety meetings to discuss safety reporting and hold open forum discussions.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Complete annual review of Health and Safety Management System.
- Oversee annual company wide Health and Safety Day.
- Perform and submit COR internal and external audits.
- Manage all safety equipment maintenance and inspections.
- Prepare project specific safety plans and resources.
- Mange subcontractor’s safety documents and inspections.
- Conduct incident investigations, claims, and action plans.
- Completes and assists in the creation of hazard assessments, and internal audits as required.
- Manage safety training records to ensure all employee training is up to date.
- Onboard new employee training and documentation.
- Liaises with and report to official regulatory bodies on OHS matters;
- Conducts field level safety meetings, toolbox talks, and health and safety informational awareness.
- Performs additional related duties in accordance with job responsibilities and company’s objectives as required.
To be considered for this role, the “ Health, Safety Manager” must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is preferred.
- Experience in construction industry, specifically underground infrastructure is an asset.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems such as COR.
- Extensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and associated regulations and standards.
- Ability to inspire trust in difficult situations by instilling confidence and engaging people on matters that affect them.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, resourceful, with strong time management skills
- Ability to remain objective and maintain a factual perspective when dealing with questions and inquiries Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information effectively with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships with staff.
- Ability to learn quickly and to take on new challenges.
- Proficient in MS office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply?
You can also apply by submitting your resume directly online on our website (www.qeosh.ca) or email it to email@example.com Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).