HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST
HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST
Position Reference #: 82021
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client ( Torcon Canada Limited), based in Mississauga, builds and constructs unique environments in collaboration with diverse and high-profile designers and architects. Their portfolio consists of small to large-scale construction, repair and renovation projects entailing all contract types recognized by the Canadian Construction Association.
Health & Safety Specialist
Base salary: $60,000 plus + annual performance bonus + vehicle allowance
Reporting to the Senior Management Team, this standalone position supports and delivers service to the Health & Safety function. This position is hands-on/operational and strategic in nature.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead H&S Special Projects
- Annual review and maintain all H&S documentation as required
- Subcontractor H&S Management: Manage subcontractor H&S pre-qualification and acknowledgments prior to project start, insurance, WSIB Clearance, etc.
- Manage Return to Work Program
- Visit construction job sites to ensure H&S procedures are implemented by TORCON Site Supervisors, Project Managers, and TORCON subcontractors and workers.
- Conduct regular job site inspections, ensuring all OH&S compliance
- Maintain the COR program/ COR Internal Auditor’s responsibilities
- Provide H&S input to Pre-Qualifications and Proposals as required
- Manage JHSC/H&S Representatives, including committee election, meetings, etc ∙ And more as directed.
To be considered for this role, the health and safety specialist must have the following qualification:
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety or related field required ∙ Recognized Ontario H&S training/certification preferred (i.e., JHSC Part 1 & 2, Working at Heights, First Aid & CPR)
- Knowledge of the Ontario H&S Act and Construction Regulation required
- COR training required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in construction H&S or similar role is required ∙ Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
How to apply?
You can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or online on our website. Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).