HEALTH & SAFETY SUPERVISOR
HEALTH & SAFETY SUPERVISOR
Position Reference #: 62021
Company (Client) Overview:
Our Client, Rossclair Contractor prides themselves on their first-class health and safety record and their COR certification is not only central to their operating model but is also fundamental to their client’s confidence when engaging with them as their construction partner.
Job Title: Health & Safety Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
- Salary: $70 to 75K
Working alongside the project management team and our site supervisors you will play a key role in maintaining and developing our H&S framework, including implementing technology to drive efficiencies wherever possible. The pace and dynamic nature of construction mean the successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong organization skills together, tenacity, and the ability to manage several competing priorities simultaneously.
A positive attitude, proactive approach, and excellent interpersonal skills are definite prerequisites.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Research, develop, and enhance health and safety review protocols as necessitated by legislated requirements
- Review contractor health & safety documentation and processes, and communicate compliance/gaps in regard to regulatory requirements
- Support Project Managers and Site Supervisors ensuring construction sites and other facilities are compliant with all applicable H&S regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensure ongoing compliance with COR Certification program
- Perform audits of health and safety programs; verify statistical information
- Provide management reports
- Schedule and monitor required training programs
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Coordinate various review protocol development and implementation initiatives
- Proactively analyze processes and bring forth ideas for continuous improvement
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continuous Improvement Program to
- Participate in Hazard identification, risk assessment, and implementing control measures
- Be part of and direct JHSC meetings
- Participate in accident investigations and follow up
- Other HSE tasks and projects as directed by management
To be considered for this role, the senior coordinator must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, Environmental Management or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
- CRSP, NCSO, and other HSE certifications a plus
- Minimum five (5) years HSE or applicable site-level practical experience in the construction sector
- Proven skills or education in auditing HSE systems/COR
- Interpersonal and communication skills
The successful candidate will be required to complete a background check.
How to apply?
You can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com or online on our website. Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).