Position Reference #: 102238
Company Overview: Our hiring client, Delta Elevator is one of the few fully-integrated Canadian elevator companies that engineers, manufactures, installs, services, and maintains elevating devices.
Job Title: H&S Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time/Permanent
This position offers an attractive salary and a semi-annual bonus. The indirect pay (benefits) is also a very attractive offering:
- Full Benefits (extended health & dental, and more)
- Additional company’s Pension Plan after 1 year
- a semi-annual bonus program (typically works out to a week’s pay)
- Company events – Employee Golf Day, Family Day, and Christmas party.
- And more
The position reports to the CHRO and will be responsible for implementing Health & Safety initiatives as part of the company’s ongoing safety program.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Represent Delta’s core values of Integrity, Service and Quality in relationships with both internal staff members and external customers and suppliers.
- Follow Delta Elevator policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, and Health & Safety Manual guidelines.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of company safety programs with the goal of exceeding regulatory, ISO 45001, and client requirements.
- Assist with inspections and safety audits.
- Provide management with guidance on performing an inspection on equipment, PPE, etc.
- Conduct internal safety training to meet legislative requirements.
- Review site-specific safety requirements.
- Co-chair Health & Safety Committee meetings and maintain JH&SC minutes.
- Audit company safety program, investigate safety concerns and suggestions, perform incident investigations, provide corrective actions and assist with implementation.
- Maintain and track safety statistical performance.
- Assist Management with conducting hazard assessments.
- Work with management and employees to develop and implement appropriate return to work and modified work programs.
- Prevent the use of unsafe, non-conforming, or environmentally damaging product
To be considered for this role, the “H&S Specialist” must have the following qualification:
- Post-Secondary education in a Health & Safety or related field.
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience.
- Knowledge of current safety legislation, including WAH and WHMIS 2015.
- Knowledge of construction regulation.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask and prioritize according to workload.
- Organization and detail orientated.
- Excellent training and presentation skills.
- Calm, diplomatic, and pleasant demeanor.
How to apply?
You can also apply by submitting your resume directly online on our website (www.qeosh.ca) or emailing it to email@example.com. Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).