Position Reference #: 72360
We’re supporting our hiring client, in oil & gas sector to recruit an HSE Manager to join their team based out of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
Our client is is located in Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, devoted to providing sulphur forming and logistics services to efficiently move vital raw materials to market. The company allows producers the flexibility to export to either overseas markets or the U.S. market with both solid and liquid rail loading capabilities.
Job Title: HSE Manager
Employment Type: Permanent/Full-time
Location: This position is based out of Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure.
Reports to: General Manager and Terminal Manager
Direct Reports: Training Coordinator
The HSE Manager is responsible for executing the HSE management system; working with operational team, the HSE Manager will lead and maintain a safety focused culture. The HSE Manager will also ensure HSE policies, procedures, documentation, culture, and communications are compliant with all applicable laws, codes, and industry best practices.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Define the needs and objectives of the plant in safety and safety training.
- Communicate needs and objectives to staff and management.
- Identify and track key metrics to elevate safety program.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Conduct or coordinate safety training / Orientations for plant personnel/contractors/visitors.
- Develop/Monitor key metrics /Safety records and compliance.
- Conduct comprehensive review and audit of HSE program and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the development and implementation of hazard identification tools.
- Assist plant supervisors and managers to resolve safety issues.
- Provide advice and guidance to employees on the safety policies and regulations.
- Develop, Implements, and coordinates program to reduce or eliminate incidents and associated financial losses.
- Lead accident investigations and corrective actions.
- Develop accident-prevention and loss-control programs, prepares root cause analysis.
- Train employees on site specific hazards,
- Maintain current and accurate SDS file for all materials on site.
- Maintain safety compliance within OHS (in particular; general industry standards and company and client standards).
- Provide technical assistance to supervision on safety related matters.
- Support operational teams with the implementation of the emergency response plans
- Conduct walk-through inspections of plant facilities
- Verify that equipment and tool inspections are being conducted and documented as per requirements.
- Work towards and maintain HSE management system for COR certifications
- Work with third party consultants to ensure all environmental targets are being met and reported as per the company’s reported.
- Direct and enforce all aspects of HSE and Liaise the Terminal manager to track and evaluate HSE performance on;
- Work permits
- Site orientations
- Accident investigation
- incident reporting
- Hazard reporting and recognition
- Ensure all Plant operating procedures and JSA’s are up to date.
- Ensure Plant onsite safety library is complete and updated regularly.
- Ensure and arrange all staff training is up to date
- Participate in an on call rotation to be available for emergency communication with the terminal outside of normal business hours.
- Must become IROR and CROR certified to understand rules of the rail
- Must Complete CN Erail safety training.
- Liaise with URO HSE to ensure we are meeting or exceeding their safety requirements for their employees.
- Ensure URO DATS program is being updated daily and all employees are compliant and up to date.
- And may be required to perform other related HSE duties as assigned.
To be considered for this role, the “HSE Manager ” must have the following qualification:
- 5+ year Safety and Industrial Health & Safety experience
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform responsibilities of position
- NCSO , CRSP or other related designations are considered preferred
- Knowledge of federal, provincial/ local industrial health, safety, fire prevention rules, regulations, and related strategies
- Knowledge and experience with COR and management system auditing
- Familiarity with developing safety policies & procedures
- Ability to coordinate and deliver safety education and training
- Ability to operate a computer and supporting software
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams to achieve program and project outcomes
- Ability to compile and analyze data, develop metrics, and perform cost benefit analysis
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to effectively problem solves.
How to apply?
Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).