OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR
Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator
Position Reference #: 92021
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client (4S Consulting), based in Markham, Ontario, is a systems and consulting company that provides occupational health and safety systems for large and small companies.
Job Title: Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
Base salary: $50,000
Reporting to the project manager, the occupational health & Coordinator supports the occupational health & safety consulting project.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of OH&S services to clients, including drafting OH&S deliverables such as Job Hazard Analysis, Health, and Safety Manual, Practices and Procedures, Employee Safety Handbooks, Risk Assessments, etc.
- Implements operating plans to meet business objectives along with appropriate risk management strategies;
- Initiates & develops a delivery plan for an assigned number of clients – Produces variance reporting for assigned clients
- Supports the implementation of escalation procedures
- Attends periodic meetings weekly, monthly, etc. with clients and provides follow up notes
- Collaborates internally within the business to leverage implementation capabilities; ∙ Keeps abreast of developments in the industry by involving in industry events, trade associations and by close liaison with stakeholders, suppliers & customers; ∙ And more as assigned.
To be considered for this role, the occupational health and safety coordinator must have the following qualification:
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety or related field required ∙ Recognized Ontario H&S training/certification preferred (i.e., JHSC Part 1 & 2, Working at Heights, First Aid & CPR)
- Knowledge of the Ontario H&S Act and Construction Regulation required ∙ COR training required/knowledge in COR
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in construction H&S or similar role is required ∙ Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with different levels of management
May be required to travel across Ontario for client site visits or accompany the Project Manager for client visits.
How to apply?
You can apply by submitting your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com or online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).