Project Manager- Occupational Health & Safety
Position Reference #: 152021
Project Manager- Occupational Health & Safety
Base salary: $65,000- $75,000 plus up to 10% yearly performance bonus and other benefits
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client based in Markham, Ontario, is a systems and consulting company that provides occupational health and safety systems for large and small companies. The company is an occupational health and safety advisory firm that ensures compliance and protects companies and their employees with a “live” occupational and safety management system.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager directs all phases of the consulting client program, including OH&S accreditation programs, from kick-off to completion. Responsible for leading the project team to ensure timely completion of consulting projects. Supports the development of best practices and establishment of internal processes/ Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to meet client objectives. Ensures that project delivery is aligned with client goals and established and/or developing SOPs.
Acts as key client contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to present and review key deliverables. Analyzes problem/opportunity areas of assigned projects and evaluates options. Establishes project delivery schedules and milestones, and monitors adherence to project plans and quality standards.
Identifies problems and obtains/directs solutions, including resource assignments. Directs the work of staff assigned to the project/project manager; provides leadership and coaching to foster the professional development of staff assigned to the manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Responsibility for leading the operations of assigned OH&S Project Team and the development of new OH&S consulting services including:
- Development and delivery of Job Hazard Analysis, Health and Safety Manual, Practices and Procedures, Employee Safety Handbooks, Risk Assessments, etc.
- Activities leading to the OH&S program accreditation for clients o Supports the strategic business direction of the company and the consulting team.
- Supports the strategic business direction of the company and the consulting team;
Contributes to the development of the teams’ operating plan to meet business objectives along with appropriate risk management strategies:
- Consulting Team Operations Plan
- Resource allocation to assigned clients
- Establishes internal and external reporting
- Set performance goals for team/individuals
Implements operating plans to meet business objectives along with appropriate risk management strategies:
- Recommendations towards hiring plans and hiring strategies
- Establishes project plan for assigned number of clients
- Directs variance reporting for assigned clients
- Implements escalation procedures
- Conducts performance evaluation for direct reports
- Conducts periodic meetings weekly, monthly etc. sets agenda and follow up
Collaborates internally within the business to leverage implementation capabilities; ∙ Keeps abreast of developments in the industry by involvement in industry events, associations and close liaison with stakeholders, suppliers and customers;
Helps develop new product and service offerings to clients;
Conducts training for new staff including onboarding.
To be considered for this role, the occupational health and safety coordinator must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Health & Safety or Environmental Studies
- 2+ years of experience in Health & Safety roles, preferably in the construction industry
- 2+ years of proven team management and leadership experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work with different levels of management
- Proven problem-solving abilities o Working knowledge of provincial health and safety laws/regulations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong computer skills including office work-related software, e.g. Word, PowerPoint and Excel
May be required to travel across Ontario for client site visits and will be reimbursed for miles
How to apply?
You can apply by submitting your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com or online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people
of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).