Position Reference #: 21224
Our hiring client is in the construction sector and currently looking for a safety coordinator to join their team based in Hamilton or Mississauga
Hourly Rate of $38 to $43, equivalent to annual compensation between 73,000K to 83,000K plus an annual performance bonus and many other benefits (Car allowance) Overtime is paid after 40 hours.
Reporting to the Manager, Safety, this position is responsible for providing safety and health training, orientation, and ongoing safety education to all employees in office and field locations. This position ensures compliance with company, customer, and regulatory safety requirements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide safety and health training, orientation, and ongoing safety education to all employees in office and field locations;
- Ensures compliance with company, customer, and regulatory safety requirements; ∙ work closely with other contractors, employees, customers, management and government and regulatory agency representatives;
- Utilize established programs, procedures, and regulations to audit work sites; ∙ Responsible for identifying, communicating, and remedying unsafe work practices and conditions;
- Complete prompt and thorough accident investigations and implement appropriate corrective action;
- Ensures all job site and employee training records are current and complete and postings and notifications and compliant;
- Responsible for safety compliance on larger job sites, shutdowns, and in instances where the job is more complex.
- Maintain a summary of all audit, inspection, and other action items; and ensure their timely and sustainable completion;
- Communicate any potential or non-compliant issues to the Safety Manager in a timely manner;
- Additional duties as assigned.
To be considered for this role, the “Safety Coordinator” must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in the area of Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, Environmental Management or related field from an accredited university
- CRSP, NCSO, and other HSE certifications are an asset
- Minimum Two (2) to Four (4) years of health & Safety experience in the construction sector
- Must have COR Certification and Experience
- Knowledge of the OHS Act and Regulations, especially industrial and construction for Ontario Communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovations and problem-solving skills
Must be able to drive to various customer locations on a daily basis and be able to move and work around multi-trade and various scale construction job sites.
How to apply?
You can also apply by submitting your resume directly online on our website (www.qeosh.ca). Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).