SENIOR HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
SENIOR HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
Position Reference #: 72021
Company (Client) Overview:
Our client is in mining, and infrastructure (construction) sectors, based in Peel region, looking for a senior health & safety advisor to join their team to provide expertise and leadership in assigned project Health, and Safety considerations, including claims management related to workplace injury for the specified project.
Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Base salary: $95,000 to $ 110,000 CAD
The senior health and safety advisor ensures the project is in compliance with regulations, standards, and policies set forth by governing bodies; promote a culture in where health and safety is a value that will never be compromised.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead all pre-contract, tender assessment, and contract administration for projects in relation to health and safety requirements and expectations
- Liaise with site leadership to maintain and update CAP’s.
- Lead and manage the identification of health and safety training needs for personnel, including project staff and contractors
- Develop, implement and coordinate incident reporting, analysis, and statistical returns for the project
- Review and approve contractor’s safety management plans and safe operating procedures before work commences
- Provide advice, strategies, and problem solving to project personnel on all health and safety issues to achieve the goal of ‘no harm’ during the project
- In consultation with project and construction management, develop, update and implement the project health and safety policy, safety management plan, and standards.
- Lead the execution of the Construction Safety Leadership Program (CSLP) on the project
- Lead and facilitate the project hazard analysis and risk assessment process across all project disciplines
- Manage the project audit program for Hatch and all contractors
- And other health and safety duties as required
To be considered for this role, the senior health and safety advisor must have the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of Occupational Health and Safety, Public Health, Environmental Management or related field from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience
- CRSP, NCSO, and other HSE certifications are required
- Minimum ten (10) years HSE that includes on-site experience on major projects
- Proven skills, experience, or education in auditing HSE systems
How to apply?
You can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com or online on our website. Please indicate the position reference number in your email subject line.
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).