Supervisor – Training & Development
Supervisor – Training & Development
Position Reference #: 102372
We’re supporting Our hiring client, one of the leading businesses in providing Occupational Health and Safety support to organizations.
Our client has provided top notch occupational health and safety for every organization size since 2004. Unlike most companies, Their methodology relies on a strong consulting service that is brought alive by our proprietary online safety management system and supported by an in-house training delivery team.
Job Title: Supervisor – Training & Development
Employment Type: This position is full-time/permanent/Onsite
Location: Markham, Ontario
This position offers a very competitive and attractive compensation structure including:
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Year-end bonus
- Professional Development
- And more
Reporting to the Director of operations, the Supervisor Training & Development is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative, coordination and development support for the Training Department’s curriculum of in-class, virtual and online courses. In addition, the Supervisor Training & Development will also conduct training, as necessary.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Specific duties and responsibilities include
- Assist the Senior Management to develop and implement a scalable training operations strategy.
- Collaborate with Senior Management, subject matter experts and others to identify performance gaps and potential training solutions to align training department operations with overall business strategy.
- Follow and/or introduce processes to integrate training operations with 4S’s online learning management system and enable process efficiency.
- Work with LMS Systems team to build out processes and tools for scaling training operations
- Manage and oversee the training/content development process including research, design, development, and deployment of online and in-class training content as a Subject Matter Expert for revising the existing courses and developing new training courses.
- Ensure that all the training courses offered are ‘up to date’ on legislated training standards and regulations.
- Oversee all facets of training department operations, including sourcing, coordinating, scheduling, and following up on all in-class, virtual and online training sessions.
- Supervise and manage the trainers and training coordinators to ensure all training department’s function smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure that all instructor-led training is scheduled, assigned, and prepared in accordance with established standards.
- Conduct in-class and/or virtual training for courses such as, but not limited to JHSC, Working at Heights, and other supervisor and management training. Train the trainer program will be provided to selected candidates, if required.
- Carry out tasks such as: courses/classes submittals, managing rosters, updating participants training records (with attendance, evaluations and any other relevant training records or certificates) and distributing learner communications.
- Maintain participants’ database and records and submit accurate reports to the Ministry of Labor, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD), as required.
- Address escalations to ensure that they are managed and resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with ongoing Training Department communication and initiatives as well as the marketing and promotion of Training Department products and services.
To be considered for this role, the “Supervisor – Training & Development” must have the following qualification:
- University degree in a related field such as OHS, business administration, Training, or HR.
- Training experience with: JHSC; Working at Heights; Aerial Equipment; Forklift; Confined Space etc. is an asset (must maintain valid and up-to-date certification at all times).
- Administrative/support experience.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills, including excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, influence, manage cross-functional project teams and drive multiple initiatives forward.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask, supporting multiple leaders/groups.
- Strong computer skills including office work related software, e.g., Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
How to apply?
QEOSH Staffing & Recruitment Inc. is Canada’s Exclusive Health & Safety Staffing & Recruitment. We are dedicated to employment equity and encourage applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities, and indigenous peoples. At QEOSH, we are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).